Yes, another banana post. I had ‘a lot’ of bananas laying around. What to make now, I asked myself. I’ve attempted bananas cookies multiple times, only to be dissapointed with their results. So I stuck to what I know best, muffins, only these I tried to make more of a ‘cake’; light and fluffy. I found a recipe from Martha Stewart and decided it sounded perfect, but instead of the frosting she suggests, I had to use a ganache of course! Today I was in the mood for chocolate, so Dark Chocolate Ganache it is. I don’t think I will ever get tired of ganache. I just love saying the word, ‘ganache’…how it rolls off the tounge, sophisticated sounding, rich and seductive. Anything sounds and tastes better with it, so how can you go wrong!
Have a Fabulously Sweet Baking Day!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 ripe bananas), plus 1 whole banana, for garnish (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Dark Chocolate Ganche Frost
- 2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips or finely chopped dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon un-salted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture. In well, mix together butter, mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla. Stir to incorporate flour mixture (do not overmix). Dividing evenly, spoon batter into muffin cups and place in oven.
- While the cupcakes are baking, start the ganache. Heat heavy cream on the stove just until it begins to boil. Quickly remove and pour over the choclate, stirring until combined. Add in butter and mix until melted. Let sit. The Ganache will begin to thicken. If needing to be thinned, place in microwave for 8 sec. intervals until desired consisitnecy is reached.
- Rotate cupckaes half-way through baking time. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan; cool completely on a wire rack. Spread tops with Dark Chocolate Ganache and sprinkle with toasted walnuts. Enjoy!